Sunday 23 July 2017

Sneak peek at one of my pieces in the Fibre Arts Expo...

Don't miss the QSWFA Fibre Arts Expo next weekend, a biennial event that showcases the best our group produces and the work of artists connected with the group in Queensland.  This year I have done a couple of 'group' projects with my monthly group of Felters, the Rolling Possums.  One is top secret ;) ... but here is a sneak peak at the other...

We decided we would show off the beauty of wool by felting 3 vases and putting fairy lights inside.  My Rolling Possum buddies Jonna and Merrill have done something similar in their own style to form a trio, here is mine.  If I was to name this individually I would call it 'Metamorphosis', as it is like the moths are emerging from a giant chrysalis.  I am pleased how it turned out - it was certainly a challenge to felt the vase!




No comments:

Post a Comment